Pages

Jun 18, 2012

Cry Wolf by Patricia Briggs

Cry Wolf (Alpha & Omega, #1)

Cry Wolf 

Written by Patricia Briggs

Reading Source: Library 
Series: Alpha and Omega
Book #: 1
Genre: Adult Paranormal Romance
Rating: 


I absolutely love this spin off series. I pretty much love everything I have read by Patricia Briggs. Her series are fresh and I can read them over and over again.... granted I have only ever read the Mercy Thompson and Alpha and Omega Series.... but I've got plans to read more of her stuff.

There is a short story that comes before this book, but if you don't read it, don't worry! The book provides you with back story. (The short story is called Alpha and Omega and can be found in the   compilation called On the Prowl.) Basically, Anna Latham is an Omega, the only and only type of wolf that has all the protective instincts of a dominant wolf, but none of the aggression. In addition to that, they don't have to listen to commands, they are essential neutral. Well as neutral as a a woman can be. She is peace for the wolves. Lucky for Anna, she's mated to Charles Cornick, the Morrock's youngest son. Charles is the big bad wolf that came in to the hell that was Anna's form pack in Chicago and took out the bad guy. To put it nicely, Anna was brutalized by her former Alpha in the hopes she, as an Omega, could cure the insanity that had taken over his mate's wolf. This went from bad to worse when the Alpha tried to break Anna in order to force her to follow commands. It is a few years before anyone learns of the mess that the Chicago Pack has become, but being Bran, the Morrock's enforcer, Charles goes in to clean up the mess and comes back mated to an Omega, and pretty hurt.

Now to the good stuff.... Despite Charles being hurt, he still must proceed with his duties as enforcer. There is a rogue wolf, or something damn near close to that, killing hunters up in the Cabinets (a range of mountains). Charles has just brought Anna back with him to Montana, and though her human half is still wary from the abuse of her former pack, her wolf half wont let her give up. I love Anna for that, and it kills me to see her struggle with the understanding that her wolf half is part of herself as a whole. The bad guys are great in this book, don't get me wrong, but I love seeing the strength, growth, and acceptance that Charles and Anna both go through in this book. 

Like I said, I love this book and this series. I will read it over and over again. Charles is my all time favorite hero-type. He is big, strong, super-human, and has a sensitive side.



1 comment:

  1. Ohh thanks for this review! I've never read a review of this book before. I bought a copy EONS ago but never got around to reading it. It sounds like I definitely need to give it a shot :)

    ♥ Ashley from booknook ♥

    ReplyDelete