Pages

Jun 3, 2012

Bitten by Kelley Armstrong

Bitten (Women of the Otherworld, #1)

Bitten by Kelley Armstrong

Reading Source: Library
Series: Women of the Otherworld
Book #: 1
Genre: Adult Paranormal Romance
Rating:




Elena has been trying for a long time to deny to herself what she has become... a werewolf.
But when problems arise with her estranged pack, Elena is called home to help sniff out the culprits. What they find is more than anyone ever suspected. Will Elena be able to put aside her inner struggle to be "normal" and help keep werewolves and her pack safe?



This book was the first I have ever read by Kelley Armstrong. Her style of writing was not particularly to my taste, but I very much enjoyed the story after a while. We first meet Elena during her so-called normal life.... Her normal fella doesn't know she's a wolf, and is being patient with her random 3AM excursions.

When out of the blue, her "cousin" (read Alpha) Jeremy calls because of a "family" (read pack) emergency. Someone has been killing humans, and the rouge werewolf needs to be taken care of. To make matters worse, her ex fiancee and the man/wolf who turned her is still the same old bundle of southern fury mixed with the scent of trees and sex. Now, not only does she have to help catch a rouge, she needs to work out the inner problems she has been having with herself and her wolf.

I was surprised to end up enjoying this book. At first it was slow going. I didn't like Elena when she was pretending to be normal. She annoyed the hell out of me. Because of that I almost didn't finish reading the book. I stuck it out and I'm glad I did. Once she got back to her pack and started letting herself be natural I was hooked. I may or may not read the next in the series. i haven't decided yet. Like I said before, I'm not a fan of Armstrong's writing styles. I'll just have to wait and see if the mood strikes me.




If you like the sound of this book, check out


1 comment:

  1. Wow love your tee!
    Great blog, very honest
    Amy
    http://teenyreader.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete