Pages

Jun 9, 2012

Kiss of Midnight by Lara Adrian

Kiss of Midnight (Midnight Breed,  #1)

Kiss of Midnight by Lara Adrian

Reading Source: Library
Series: Midnight Breed
Book #: 1
Rating


This is the first book in the Midnight Breed series by Lara Adrian.

Another wonder. I love this genre of books - but the covers make me want to bury my head in the sand like an ostrich. I'm pretty sure ostriches bury their heads because they are embarrassed by the way they look..... well I too feel that way now.... This one at least makes more sense than Moon Called....  if you don't know what I mean check out the link to my review.... the cover has a half naked chick plastered on it. If I was a lesbian or a dude I'd tap that. Does putting myself into either of those positions make me partially either one???? Possibly - but it is not nearly as bad if I was a dude commenting on another dude...

So onward 'ho with the reviewing of the book....

I've read this book twice... I really like the sex scenes. But that's not all I like. Lucan is a warrior of old, literally. He is a gen one vampire, and the founder of the order. A league of Vampires that have dedicated their immortal lives to fighting and killing off Rogues - Vampires that have succumbed to blood lust. In this world of blood and mayhem Vampires are only male and they are only able to breed with a small percentage of human females that bear the mark of the breed. This is where Gabrielle comes in... (no big shocker that she is a breedmate - get your panties in a bunch if you like - but what kind of story would this be if the lead female wasn't compatible with the hero?)

Gabrielle has never been quite normal - and had a very rough go of things as a child. Finding out that vampires were real rocked the whole foundation of her life. Because of what she is, she is able to see things that normal humans cannot. What she witnesses puts her in danger, because there is war coming. An inhuman war between the Breed and the Rouges, and it is unlike anything they have dealt with before.

Overall, I enjoyed this book enough to read it twice. The back stories of these types of vampires are interesting. In this vamp history, vampires are actual the male descendants of aliens and human females. These aliens were not prepared for Earth, and thus were unable to survive with out the aid of blood.


No comments:

Post a Comment