Pages

May 27, 2012

Eternal Hunger by Laura Wright

Eternal Hunger (Mark of the Vampire #1)

Eternal Hunger by Laura Wright

Reading Source: Library
Series: Mark of the Vampire
Book #: 1
Genre: Adult Paranormal Romance
Rating:




Let me start off by saying that I've read the entire trilogy and I'll probably again.

That being said, let us talk about Eternal Hunger. I'm not going to lie to you. I checked this out from the library because of the cover. I was like "Hmmm does that shirtless man really think he's sexy like that? Does anyone else think he's sexy... Maybe I'll get this book to cement in my mind that I've grown out of PNR." Well, that same day I got Pleasure Unbound by Larissa Ione (I was having an "L" day... it happens) and between that one and this, I was so totally wrong.... This was a great spin on the Vampire PNR. I've never heard of the way these vampires were and lived and it was refreshing.

In the world that Laura Wright has woven around the Roman Brothers, Vampires are able to walk in the sun up until their 300th year, and forever if they are female. There are three different kinds of vampires too. Pure blood, like the Roman Brothers, those Pure bloods are the creme de la creme of vampires, the Godiva Chocolate of vampires if you will (I'm feeling the need for chocolate if you cannot tell...) The next step down is Impure vampires. Those are the ones that have something other than pure blood vampire blood in them. They are not allowed to breed and are generally the poor class of vampires ( I would compare them to chocolate, but I can't think of a kind of chocolate that isn't good... perhaps left over Easter candy in July?????) And then there is the Imitation Vampire, the human who has drank vampire blood, but has no vampire lineage.... The Ovaltine of Vampires (for those of you unfamiliar with Ovaltine... it is imitation chocolate milk mix.... you know the strange powder you put into milk to make it look and taste  like chocolate milk... until you get that strange gritty aftertaste....)

Well, back to business... Alexander Roman is the oldest Roman Brother and he is tapped for the change 100 years before his time because the high council of Vampires (they have a name... the 10 or something like that) needs him to hunt down an Impure that is trying to rebel against the pure bloods. It is during this change that were are introduced to Dr. Sara Donohue. You see Alexander was caught outside near dawn on the night of his change, and in an attempt to shield himself from the sun, he hides in the bottom level doorway of a brownstone apartment, Sara's apartment. This is where the story gets even better.

I could wax poetic about this book for a while, and I feel like I have already gone into a lot of detail... which reading back I have... partially due to my intense need for chocolate right now, but I'm on a roll, so bring on more butter.... The Roman Brothers are unique in the fact that they are sons of the Breeding Male, and each of them could potentially become a breeding male at the time of their change. If they do not change and then have the mark of a true life mate they will turn into rutting bastards who run around impregnating anything that moves.

That one thing is a driving force of the entire series... READ IT!!!

Izzy Out!!!



If you like the sound of this book, check out



1 comment:

  1. Hi Izzy :) I'm a new follower to your blog - OMG, I am definately putting Eternal Hunger on my TBR list!! Sounds fab! :)

    ReplyDelete