Pages

May 27, 2012

Pleasure Unbound by Larissa Ione

Pleasure Unbound (Demonica, #1)Pleasure Unbound
Written by Larissa Ione


Reading Source: Library
Series: Demonica
Book #: 1
Genre: Adult Paranormal Romance
Rating:






For a very brief while I thought that I grew out of paranormal romance.... Horrifying, I know.... that was until I read Pleasure Unbound. I loved this book. It was the tall cool glass of water my dehydrated paranormal lust-o-meter needed to start working again.

Tayla and Eidolon's story is unlike any other PNR I've ever read. Reading the summary that was provided, I was a bit skeptical... a Demon Killer falling for a Demon Doctor, and a Demon Doctor to boot.... but my skepticism was totally uncalled for.

Tayla is a demon slayer, an Aegis. She believes in the cause with every inch of her being. After being mortally wounded in a fight with a demon, a fight in which her partner dies, she is brought to the only demon hospital around.

Eidolon is a doctor first and a Seminus Demon second. He fights his nature because he knows what lies on the other side of 100, an unrelenting need to copulate with any female able to bear his children. Eidolon is trying to stave off the change using his medical knowledge, but nature is hard to fight.

From their first conscious encounter both Eidolon and Tayla are drawn to each other. Both unable to tamp down on the overwhelming sexual need coiling within them. It doesn't take them long to join together, the only problem is Tayla cannot reach her peak. Baffled by this, the Incubus Eidolon feels that this is why he is continually drawn back to Tayla, despite her being Aegis.

The two are an unlikely duo to solve a mystery, but the original sexual connection, and Eidolon's hormones, create a need in him to save her, so upon taking her home, Eidolon and Tayla stumble across a horrifying discovery.... Someone is selling "supernatural" body parts on the black market.

This was a fantastic book and I can't wait to read the next one... and then the next one and then the next one.... I think you get the picture.... Larissa Ione - you rekindled my love of PNR!



No comments:

Post a Comment