Pages

May 6, 2012

Bet Me by Jennifer Crusie

Bet MeBet Me by Jennifer Crusie





Bet Me, by Jennifer Crusie is probably my all time favorite book. I can relate to Min and the emotions she encounters in this humorous, romantic and sexy love story. It is because I can relate so much to Min that really draws me to this book. I find that after reading it for a third time, that I could still come back to it again and again.


The story starts out in a bar, in which Min is being dumped by her boyfriend of about 2 months, whom she doesn't even really like, she just needed a date to her sister's wedding. It is this event that is the impetus for the entire book! Min now needs a date for her sister's wedding, and her friends pick one out for her to pick up. Only to have her ex bet him that he couldn't get the "grey checked suit" into bed inside of a month.


Cal couldn't believe that David bet $10,000 on whether or not he could get a woman into bed, he figured that once the alcohol wore off David wouldn't believe he made the bet either. To distract David from the "big" bet, Cal bet David $10 he could get the "grey checked suit" to leave with him, and that was it.
Overhearing the bet as she heard it, Min is outraged. But she's got a plan. She'll use the bet to her advantage and get a date to her sister's wedding. Neither one was ready for what was about to come next.


The growth of the two main characters were so subtle yet profound. I can see these types of changes happening in real life. Min is not a skinny girl, and she doesn't yet understand that sexy is a state of mind. Cal has never found someone he can be totally comfortable with. I love the way their relationship evolves and how the supporting characters are not just fluff thrown in to bulk up the story.


Great Book - This is the third time I've read it and I'll be reading it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment